Introduction to ITR Offline utility Assessment Year 2021-22 ITR-1 and 4
Steps to Download and install Offline Utility and fill the same
Let us understand the execution steps for ITR 1 & ITR 4.
Once you access the e-filing portal . You can download the Utility under:
‘Downloads -> Offline Utilities -> Income Tax Return Preparation Utilities’.
Note: – System Requirements
• OS – Windows 7 or later are supported
• Processor – Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable or AMD K10 or above core architecture
• RAM – 1.5 GB of RAM or more
• HDD – 500 MB or more of free space
On click of link for the Utility presented against ITR-1 or ITR-4, a ZIP file will start getting downloaded on your system.
Open the Utility from the extracted folder.
After you Extract the downloaded utility as a ZIP file, open the Utility from the extracted folder. In case, you receive this message, you click “Run Anyway” option in the dialogue box
Once you click on “Run Anyway”, your utility will start installing, after which you can proceed with filing your ITR.
As soon as you install the utility, you will be landed to Homepage. Click on “Continue” to fill your Incometax Return for AY 2021-22.
• This Offline Utility is enabled only for ITR-1 and ITR-4. Other ITRs will be added in the utility in subsequent releases.
• The Utility is based on new technology “JSON”.
• It is enabled to import and pre-fill the data from e-filing portal. You can fill the balance data. You can also edit the profile data other than PAN data in the utility, however, it is suggested to edit the same in your Profile at efiling website and regenerate prefill data.
• Facility to upload ITR at the e-filing portal is not enabled. You can fill and save it either within the utility or export output json file to your system.
• Once filing is enabled, you can upload the same at e-filing portal
To know more in details, Click here